[zeromq-dev] Comparing OpenDDS and ZeroMQ Usage and Performance

Don Busch buschd at ociweb.com
Fri Jun 25 23:19:02 CEST 2010

Pieter Hintjens <ph <at> imatix.com> writes:

> I have to admit being slightly skeptical at first when reading your
> paper, but you've done a really good job of comparing the three
> products IMO.  It certainly helps position OpenDDS in this growing
> space.  Have you considered that OpenDDS might profitably run over 0MQ
> in the future?

Thanks for the kind words.

As I was looking at 0MQ, it did cross my mind that it might work as another
pluggable transport underneath the OpenDDS transport framework.  I haven't
thought it through, though, so I'm not yet completely sure how the pieces fit
together. But it's definitely been in the back of my head.

> -
> Pieter Hintjens
> iMatix

Regards,