[zeromq-dev] Comparing OpenDDS and ZeroMQ Usage and Performance

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Jun 25 11:27:53 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

> The change cuts through the most of 0MQ codebase. Thus you would end up
> with virtually maintaining two separate codebases.

Is there something special about the number 63?

> Also, you would have to specify number of threads you are going to use
> 0MQ from in advance (this has API implications).

It still strikes me as odd that the context is configured at creation.
 It seems a fragile API choice.  Would it make sense to add a
setcontextopt()/getcontextopt() method pair so that number of I/O
threads, and perhaps non-portable limits like this could be set on a
newly created context?