[zeromq-dev] Java bindings error?

Joe Holloway jholloway7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 18:50:16 CEST 2010

Martin,

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:
> Stuart,
>
>> Not specifically. We have client projects that live on the JVM and
>> would benefit from something simpler and lighter-weight than e.g.
>> ActiveMQ. Of course I will probably code it in Clojure. ;-)
>
> Are you using speaking of this?
>
> http://github.com/jholloway7/clojure-zmq
>
> If so, shouldn't it be referenced from zeromq.org so that others can
> take advantage of it?

Actually that's something I'm working on, not Stuart, but I recognized
Stuart's name from his being heavily involved with the Clojure
community, so that's why asked if his work was related.

The clojure-zmq binding is still using the old jzmq API as I have been
waiting for all the API proposals to land and make their way
downstream to jzmq before I picked it up again.

In its current state it doesn't provide much value over simply using
the jzmq API directly which is another reason I haven't pushed for it
to be listed yet.  I would be happy to take patches/suggestions or
contribute to an official Clojure binding in some other capacity.