[zeromq-dev] Java bindings error?

Stuart Halloway stu at thinkrelevance.com
Wed Jun 23 19:40:55 CEST 2010

> Is it possible that garbage collector destroys the context object even
> though there are still sockets open?

Yes, but the by far most likely scenario here is that there is a bug in the native part of jzmq (as opposed to the JVM).

> How does gc know what to destroy btw? It analyses the code and when it
> sees "this object is not going to be used" it finalises it?

GC analyzes the running program and may destroy things that are unreachable. The objects in play in the performance tests are plainly still reachable, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Would it be helpful for me to fork the repository and commit my test changes so that you can see exactly what I am seeing?

Stu