[zeromq-dev] Java bindings error?

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Wed Jun 23 19:24:57 CEST 2010

Pieter Hintjens wrote:
> Sounds like someone is accessing deallocated memory.

It's hard to make sense from Java output:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: 156384765 - 0x9523dfd
 > - Context was terminated	at local_lat.main(local_lat.java:45)

But as far as I understand this is ETERM. That's the error returned by
sockets when associated context is destroyed.

Is it possible that garbage collector destroys the context object even
though there are still sockets open?

How does gc know what to destroy btw? It analyses the code and when it
sees "this object is not going to be used" it finalises it?

If so, that may be the problem...