[zeromq-dev] Java bindings error?

Stuart Halloway stu at thinkrelevance.com
Wed Jun 23 15:55:34 CEST 2010

If I take the Java bindings, and run the latency or throughput test, things work fine. But if I jack the iterations up by an order of magnitude, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: 156384765 - 0x9523dfd - Context was terminated	at local_lat.main(local_lat.java:45)

	at org.zeromq.ZMQ$Socket.recv(Native Method)
	at remote_lat.main(remote_lat.java:49)

This error can also be reproduced by increasing the message size (instead of the iteration count).

If I turn on verbose:gc, the error seems to happen immediately after the first GC, which would suggest a bug in the native code cleaning up a resource.

I am running 2.0.7 plus the latest jzmq, on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stu