[zeromq-dev] "Devices" nodes and single point of failure

Berganovsky, Michael Michael.Berganovsky at 247realmedia.com
Wed Jun 23 14:34:50 CEST 2010

Hello

I am new to 0MQ so please excuse me if this topic was already covered somewhere. We are trying to understand how current design of 0MQ (version 2 I believe - development branch)  is handling faults (or scaling) of device nodes (like streamer or forwarder). In other words we are trying to build a pipeline and would like it to be resilient to hardware failures. Nodes which have streamers seems to be "single points" of failure in the design. Am I missing something here? A document or a pattern may be? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Michael Berganovsky