[zeromq-dev] Blog post about ZeroMQ

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Jun 23 11:11:05 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Nicholas Piël <nicholas at nichol.as> wrote:

> I've written an introduction to ZeroMQ for my blog, you can find it here: http://nichol.as/zeromq-an-introduction
> I would like to thank Martin and Chuck for proofreading it.

Pretty neat!

I have some inevitable comments :-)

- A fully-fledged messaging system is good to go, but of course does
nothing until get your head around whatever concepts it exposes, and
you write code using whatever API it provides.

- Some people might take issues with AMQP being described as
"deprecated"... :-)  Certainly the four or five versions in
circulation will be deprecated by whatever becomes AMQP/1.0, and
iMatix won't continue that mad hare chase, but the protocol will
probably live on in large banks.

- Small correction: "ZeroMQ simple wire protocol" -> "ZeroMQ's simple
wire protocol"

- IMO paired sockets should be the last described, they are low-level
and dangerous for beginners.  This is something we need to also change
in the man pages.

Apart from that... the article is really nicely done and an excellent
introduction to 0MQ.  Kudos!