[zeromq-dev] ooc bindings for ØMQ

Douglas Creager dcreager at dcreager.net
Mon Jun 21 19:25:23 CEST 2010

> I believe as long as the operations are serializable, you can roll
> them up across multiple endpoints, depending on your consistency (as
> in eventually) you can use source sequencing or clock vectors with a
> resolution protocol.

Definitely — in a lot of cases, you can do some post-processing to
combine the various "wrong" answers into the "right" answer.  You can
definitely do that in the SUM case I described.  But in general, you
can't.  An INNER JOIN doesn't work, for instance — if there are matching
records that end up on different processing nodes, you lose data.