[zeromq-dev] Comparing OpenDDS and ZeroMQ Usage and Performance

Michael Santy michael.santy at dynetics.com
Mon Jun 21 15:50:35 CEST 2010

> This seems bit too high for 1kB messages. Even on lousy kernel like
> Windows I wouldn't expect it to be more than ~75us. Is anyone seeing
> this kind of latency (170us?) If so, it should be considered a
> regression IMO.
>
> Martin

I've never seen this kind of latency for 1KB messages, but then again I've
only used 0MQ on Linux.  I don't have access to a system with a real-time
kernel, but I'd be willing to try to duplicate the raw buffer comparison
tests on Linux w/ Ethernet and 20Gb Infiniband.  It will be a couple of
weeks before I can get around to it though.

Mike