[zeromq-dev] frequent ZeroMQ crashes - how to diagnose?

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Fri Jun 18 18:54:55 CEST 2010

Hi Nick,

> We are a small financial startup using messaging for communication
> between our various applications.
>
> We chose ZeroMQ because of speed and flexibility - both the set of
> languages and number of distributed systems we have is growing and yet
> to be determined.

Understood.

> What should our diagnosis strategy be to chase this difficult bug down?

The only problem here seems to be that Windows returns some error we
haven't expected. The only thing that needs to be done is find out what
the error is and add it to the list (the long if statement in the code
you've sent).

wsa_assert should print the error to stderr -- can you check it in the
console?

Let me know what the error was so that I can fix it in the trunk.

Thanks!