[zeromq-dev] Building pyzmq with static libraries

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 22:20:36 CEST 2010

I have not ever done this with a Python extension, but I think it can
be done.  Here are some things to look at:

Look at the extra_objects argument to Extension here:

http://docs.python.org/distutils/apiref.html

You may need to modify the setup.py, but that might work.

Also, you may want to ask about this on the Cython list.  Some of the
devs there might know how to do that.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Brian