[zeromq-dev] ooc bindings for ØMQ

Matt Weinstein matt_weinstein at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 16:28:57 CEST 2010

IMO

The key patterns for 0MQ are (among others): lightweight, simplicity,
non-intrusive, low-maintenance, high-performance, efficient,
transparent.  I suppose you could call the assemblage the "0MQ
Philosophy".

This if very reminiscent of the core Unix experience vs. Multics, the
"enemy" at that time :-)

If the data representation layer is to be compatible with this
philosophy, it will need to conform to the design, development, and
usage patterns that evolve from our experiences with 0MQ.

We should also probably study the way data is transformed in
unstructured environments such as Unix, language environments such as
LISP/Scheme et seq., etc., to understand how design simplicity and
efficiency can coexist and have been wrung out of those systems.

Best,
Matt