[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ in Fedora / ZeroMQ Ubuntu PPA available

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 07:33:07 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My feeling is that packages are similar to language bindings in the
> sense that there's little point to try to centralise the development
> effort. There is lot of OSes, distributions, different languages have
> different packaging and/or installation systems etc. There's no way for
> a single entity to manage the complexity.
>
> We should adopt the same model as with language bindings, i.e. let the
> packages be completely independent projects and provide as much support
> and infrastructure for them as possible: links from zeromq.org, separate
> wiki pages for individual packages, mailing list(s) for the discussion etc.

I like the current approach of having the language bindings
independent projects, but with support from zeromq in terms of link,
wiki pages.  I also like the idea of using the main zeromq mailing
list for language bindings as it is nice to see what the different
language bindings are up to.

Cheers,

Brian