[zeromq-dev] project to watch: Mongrel2

Jon Dyte jon at totient.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 12:39:37 CEST 2010

Martin Sustrik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One of the use cases for 0MQ we've been discussing with Martin Lucina
> (over beer) was to use it to connect webserver and application server to
> provide very high scalability for web applications.
>
> It turns out that Zed Shaw knows better than discussing over beer and
> here goes the real thing:
>
> http://mongrel2.org/home
>
> As far as I am aware many people here have already tried to use 0MQ in
> this kind of setting. The project looks worth of following, even
> contributing to!
>
> Martin

Interesting.

This is the same guy who did mulletdb. a few weeks back.

He mentions in the blog here he has linked zeromq with libtask
for mongrel.

http://sheddingbikes.com/posts/1275989245.html

be interesting to see how this is done, because AFAIK linking
0MQ into nginx for example is awkward....

jon