[zeromq-dev] Perl binding for 0MQ

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Sun Jun 13 11:52:43 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Perl binding was announced by Steffen Muller:

http://github.com/tsee/ZeroMQ-Perl

"Seems to be working fine. Adds 8us latency, according to my tests on a
laptop."

"Some of the get/setsockopt calls are still untested/flaky."

"License is currently dual Artistic License/GPL just like Perl itself."

"No documentation (I wrote it in the afternoon). I'll be on a business
trip for three weeks starting today, so no support either. I do intend
to release it to CPAN and maintain it down the road."

"Building it is as easy as "perl Makefile.PL && make && make test &&
sudo make install."