[zeromq-dev] Stopwatch

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Wed Jun 9 18:51:47 CEST 2010

but
>> for timing uniformity and consistency.  This is why MPI, for example,
>> includes timing features in its core API.
>
> I really have to agree with Brian here! It has helped tremendously in
past
> porting efforts (OpenVMS, Windows) to have the Stopwatch code there
ready
> to go. It also helped compare fruit with same fruit.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think the timing functions should stay and be
supported portably across platforms.

There is/was also a zmq_sleep() function in there. Will it be kept?
Should it?

At some point I also proposed adding a zmq_uuid() generation function,
but it was decided it was beyond 0MQ's scope. Perhaps we could come up
with clear cut criteria for what kinds of functions belong in 0MQ.

Best regards.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm