[zeromq-dev] 0MQ programming models

Marcin Gozdalik gozdal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 18:17:23 CEST 2010

Hi

I'm trying to get a graps on the different programming models offered by 0MQ
but I'm pretty much lost. Could you point me to the best documentation and
sample code for 0MQ 2.X?

Specifically I was thinking about implementing the following scenario in 0MQ
and wonder how to do it best.

There are many clients (C1-CN). Clients may be hosted on several machines.
Every client generates a request, sends it and waits for a response.
the same - every worker can service any request). Workers as well may be
hosted on several machines (different than clients' machines). It is assumed
that workers can fail, so a failed (or timed out) request should be retried
so that another worker picks it up and generates a response.

The typical architecture would like this:

C1 \              /W1
C2  ---- queue --- W2
CN /              \WM

Queue handles workers registration, load-balancing and retrying. What is the
best way to implement it using 0MQ?

Best regards

--
Marcin Gozdalik