[zeromq-dev] Stable releases

Jon Dyte jon at totient.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 22:04:12 CEST 2010

>>> We've moved/forked the repository to https://github.com/imatix/zeromq
>>> and will move the current master towards "stable".   New
>>> experimentation will happen on other branches or other gits.
>>>

> While a  bit of a pain I do think it makes sense to move the main repo
> to this location in the long run.

on balance having read all the threads, I would agree with the move as well.

I also think the 2.0.6 -> 2.0.7 had too many changes in it (though in
fairness a lot of that was internal to the api)

I think the stable releases in the master should be branches as Mato
suggests should
have happened to the sustrik/zeromq eg:-

>> Why was this change not implemented simply as the announcement of the
>> creation of a v2.0-stable branch in the current repository? (This is what I
>> would have recommended, but no one asked/gave me a chance to answer)

The other important thing though will be making sure there is a
reference somewhere on the 0MQ
site to other active branches that may be off interest. (eg Martin's
posix wrapper).

Jon