[zeromq-dev] Stable releases

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Mon Jun 7 14:42:00 CEST 2010

Chuck Remes wrote:

> I agree with Martin L. that we should try and keep all 0mq source in
> the current sustrik/zeromq2 repository. Also, forking the "stable"
> version to a new repository splits the community (current watching
> sustrik/zeromq2) and inhibits the momentum that this project has been
> building.

I understand the concern. Placing 0MQ under sustrik account was a bad
idea from the beginning :(

However, for me this is like starting a small party of three people in
my living room and suddenly having 129 people there demanding more wine
and cheese crackers.

0MQ is no longer a one-man-show and the governance model should reflect
the current state of affairs.