[zeromq-dev] Stable releases

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Jun 7 13:27:13 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Martin Lucina <mato at kotelna.sk> wrote:

> I am somewhat surprised that this "executive decision" has been made in the
> short space of about 12 hours since Martin Sustrik's request for comments
> on the way forward, without actually giving the contributors involved a
> chance to comment on what that way forward might be.

Uhm, Martin asked me to made this change, so I did.  I've no other agenda.

> As a contributor who has spent a considerable amount of time *for free*
> helping both with the actual preparation of the last few 0MQ releases, and
> helping define the release policy, I feel somewhat "left out".

It's not deliberate and honestly, I was totally happy leaving the repo
at its old location but Martin wants that space for experimentation.

> Regarding the actual change of the canonical repository, will existing
> collaborators be retained?

Of course.  I already made you collaborator of the new git.

> What will happen to the sustrik/zeromq2 repository, which as of today has
> 129 watchers and thus is regarded by at least 129 people as the canonical
> repository for 0MQ?

To be honest I'd prefer the old git to remain, you just need to
convince Martin it'll work for his experiments.