[zeromq-dev] Twisted integration, part 2: review

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Fri Jun 4 19:01:02 CEST 2010

>> (What exactly 'better' means is way beyond the current scope: basically, ZeroMQ wants to do things like topic subscription, load balancing, failover.. typical messaging middleware stuff.)
>
> I don't think this captures the spirit of 0mq. I think it is aiming to provide more intuitive socket handling using patterns (REQ/REP, PUB/SUB, etc) so that socket-level programmers don't have to reinvent that wheel every time they need that functionality. I'd focus on the patterns and not a high-level broker function like load balancing or fail-over. Those things *could* be built using 0mq as the foundation (see zmq_device), but I don't think that is the primary point.

Good point! I'm coming from an AMQP background so the higher-level
stuff was my focus (mostly because that's what our app uses...).

I have changed the sentence to this:
(What exactly 'better' means is way beyond the current scope:
basically, ZeroMQ wants to help socket programmers to stop reinventing
the wheel by implementing common behavior such as pub/sub,
request/reply...)

new paste: http://paste.pocoo.org/raw/221984/

> cr

lvh