[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ in Fedora

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 11:03:56 CEST 2010

CC to 0MQ-dev

2010/6/3 David Robinson <zxvdr.au at gmail.com>:
> Hi Peter,

Hello David!
Sorry for the delayed answer.

> I'm interested in getting ZeroMQ included in Fedora. Whilst checking
> whether ZeroMQ was already included I came across your package review
> request (BZ 459874). It looks like the request has stalled, but you've
> updated the spec on your fedorapeople.org page recently. Are you
> planning on updating BZ with your latest spec file?

I started packaging ZeroMQ for Fedora/EPEL while planning to use it in
my own project. Unfortunately since then I moved to another direction
and I don't use ZeroMQ now, although I still plan to use it in my
future projects. This wasn't easy to maintain package (read - close
possible bugzilla tickets) w/o using it in real world, so I almost
completely abandon my previous attempts (at least until I will require
it again).

If someone will volunteer to take it over, then I will help to package
it (ZeroMQ is very simple and cleanly written application, so it will
be extremely easy) and push it into Fedora / EPEL.

> Do you have plans to package Brian Granger's python bindings?

Nope, I didn't plan to package external add-ins. Anyway, all other
ZeroMQ components may be included later, as separate packages.

> fwiw, there have been discussions upstream about RPM packaging.
> Someone else has created a package, but I think your spec file is
> cleaner.
>
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2010-May/003600.html

Yes, I'm aware pf that attempt. I ever wrote to Mikko Koppanen
privately regarding possible cooperation or assistance but,
unfortunately, he didn't answer me.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.