[zeromq-dev] Deadlock between REQ/REP sockets?

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Tue Jun 1 14:06:39 CEST 2010

Dana,

> Ok, so the server in our case is really more of a messaging hub. Clients
> attach to it so that they can talk to one another without having to
> create a nasty web of sockets to one another. We plan on having IPC
> communication as well as TCP to remote clients. So the PUB/SUB model
> doesn't really work for our case. The heart of the problem really lies
> in the initial attachment calls using the REP/REQ model.

So you want to have:

1. central hub to dispatch reuqest and replies
2. clients that connect to the hub, send requests and receiver replies.
3. services that connect to the hub, receive requests dispatched by the
hub and send replies back to the hub. Hub then routes the replies to
original requesters.

Is that your use case?