[zeromq-dev] Inconsistent results using one context for a publisher and multiple subscribers.

Brian Tatnall btatnall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:27:13 CEST 2010

Hello All,

I've written some pub/sub tests using clrzmq from github.  I'm seeing some
really strange results where the tests pass most of the time, but they also
cause deadlocks and TaskRunner errors.

I'm not sure if I fully understand how to have a context have multiple
sockets.  There is clearly some design aspect of zeromq that I'm missing.
Anybody willing to look and point out my mistakes?

I wrote the tests with and without a thread per socket:

Without threads:

http://gist.github.com/500642

With threads:

http://gist.github.com/500696