[zeromq-dev] Reliability question

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Fri Jul 30 08:57:14 CEST 2010

On 07/30/10 07:38, Hannes Schmidt wrote:
> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? When exactly is it safe
> to start sending without risking message loss? I also think that
> ideally there should not be the need for these latches I introduced.
> In production these threads will ultimately run on different machines
> and latches won't be an option, of course.

you must confirm subscription of every peer using another channel before
broadcasting via the publisher to the subscribers.

be aware that in case of slow consumers or many consumers, 0mq will
start swapping when its queue is full, which could slow things down a lot.

burak

ps: i think this question has earned faq status.