[zeromq-dev] [otish] "Why ZeroMQ"

Matt Weinstein matt_weinstein at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 17:43:24 CEST 2010

Comments:
ZMQ_SOCK_PIPELINE_STDIN (aka ZMQ_PIN).
ZMQ_SOCK_PIPELINE_STDOUT (aka ZMQ_POUT)

A bit prolix, and this looks like we're selecting the "type of
pipeline" rather than the type of the termini of the pipeline.

To select the termini you may want to refer to the sockets themselves,
since we're already in the SOCKET domain:

	ZMQ_ISOCK_PIPE
	ZMQ_OSOCK_PIPE

Ugly, and In/Out are still verbs and descriptors, creating confusion
because they can be construed either way.  (Also PIPELINE sounds like
VMS :-) )

However, since we're calling a socket function, in ZMQ, we can reduce
out the redundant elements, and get:

	ZMQ_IPIPE, 	ZMQ_OPIPE

This contains the essential information and maintains the stdout flavor.