[zeromq-dev] Any way to get info on subscribers?

Oliver Smith oliver at kfs.org
Sun Jul 25 10:38:53 CEST 2010

I think the definition of "Administration" is always going to be
somewhat vague -- some people are going to want to exchange encryption
tokens before exchanging any underlying data; some people are going to
want to do authentication of some kind.

In terms of subscribers, I can actually see several use cases in which
it would actually be benficial to have an option - at least - to have
ZeroMQ forward socket connect/disconnect to me, particularly in ZMQ_PAIR
and ZMQ_REQ/REP. e.g.

     zmq_setsockopt(ctx, ZMQ_CONNECT_CALLBACK, _myConnectCallback) ;
     zmq_setsockopt(ctx, ZMQ_DISCONNECT_CALLBACK, _myDisconnectCallback) ;

But then the bloom begins ... "I'd like to be able to authenticate
connections so that they can't even get in until ..." :)