[zeromq-dev] Any way to get info on subscribers?

Oliver Smith oliver at kfs.org
Sat Jul 24 13:38:40 CEST 2010

On 7/24/2010 3:39 AM, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
> Does that cloud have to be opaque by definition?  For example, the
> publisher socket knows how many clients have connected to it, and
> could report this to the application via getsocketopt...

I'm fairly new to 0MQ, so this is absolutely not a counter to Pieter's
request: I'm curious why you would want to know the number of
subscribers - I can only think of two reasons

- Knowing when there are none so you can skip broadcasting un-attended data,
- Debugging

In debugging terms alone, it actually seems like being able to tell how
many there are would be of fairly significant use.

- Oliver