[zeromq-dev] Authentication on "topic"

Viet Hoang, Quant Edge viet.hoang at quant-edge.com
Mon Jul 12 19:41:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

We are evaluating ZeroMQ to replace our existing client/server architecture. Our requirements are:
1. Clients login into the servers farm
2. Each client will have its own topic
3. Many traders/risk managers will subscribe to client topics to monitor trading activities
3. Client sends an order to Order gateway, responses & status will be published back to the clients and trader/risk manager screen

The initial feedback is excellent, with its load balancing and publish/subscribe features, ZeroMQ simply fits our requirements. We need some sort of authentication mode for publish/subscribe feature, so that only un-authorized people cannot siphon on "topics", but I could not find it anywhere in the code? Do you guys have any plan to add the feature on soon?

Cheers,

Viet