[zeromq-dev] zmq_forwarder configurable subscribe string

Matt O'Donnell matt at absolutod.com
Mon Jul 12 17:46:02 CEST 2010

I am new to zeromq and started playing with it over the weekend.

I didn't find too much documentation about the config format for zmq_queue
and zmq_forwarder devices, so I dove into the code.  When I was in
zmq_forwarder.cpp, I see it sets the ZMQ_SUBSCRIBE option with "".  Is there
a plan to make that a configurable?

http://github.com/zeromq/zeromq2/blob/master/devices/zmq_forwarder/zmq_forwarder.cpp

Starting Line: 54

    //  TODO: make the number of I/O threads configurable.
    zmq::context_t ctx (1);
    zmq::socket_t in_socket (ctx, ZMQ_SUB);
    in_socket.setsockopt (ZMQ_SUBSCRIBE, "", 0);
    zmq::socket_t out_socket (ctx, ZMQ_PUB);