[zeromq-dev] Debian subdirectory moved to the root

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Fri Jan 29 11:40:28 CET 2010

On Friday 29 January 2010 08.42:21 Martin Sustrik wrote:
> Hi Adrian, Peter, Mato,
>
> According to you suggestions I moved packages/debian directory to
> project root.
>
> Adrian, please let me know what should be imported to the directory to
> make it up-to-date with current Debian package.

Below.

* Note that it's packaging 2.0beta2 and not git head.  Packaging will always
lag behind, since I'm planning to work off tarballs and not follow git.
(Although as long as I keep packaging beta tarballs the final diff between
what's delivered in the tarball and what gets uploaded to Debian should be
quite small.)

* Diff is quite big since I started unaware of Peter's work and just
imported some bits and took ideas.

* [binary] Package name is libzmq0 instead of libzeromq0, because it's
strongly reccommended to have soname and package name match.

* The biggest regression is of course loss of cl packaging.  OTOH cl
bindings are not in git anymore, so no reason to still carry the
packaging...  Ruby/Python packages that were generated by Peter's packaging
were only placeholders in any case.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 29th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3176