[zeromq-dev] Completion events rather than ready events

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Fri Jan 29 08:22:25 CET 2010

2010/1/29 Steven McCoy <steven.mccoy at miru.hk>

> The LWN <article> gives the impression 0MQ is a cross-platform IOCP
> implementation, however no such terminology is picked up in the website or
> article.  As Google and the Tor developers are pushing libevent 2.0 to do
> IOCP can you provide some clarity on where 0MQ compares to Windows IOCP and
> libevent 2?  Particularly I'm seeing that libevent is going to be an
> Internet facing API and you point in the article that 0MQ should not be.

Ok, my guess is this:

ZeroMQ = BSD sockets + IOCP + High level messaging semantics + BSD socket
interface.

libevent1 = BSD sockets + event loop + evbuffer (application layer mbufs /
SKB) + async DNS
libevent2 = libevent1 + IOCP

GLib = BSD sockets + event loop + IO Channel interface.

Off to research what Google has to say on Linux IOCP.

--
Steve-o