[zeromq-dev] Change Build Tool To CMake

Peter Alexander vel.accel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:24:39 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Steven McCoy <steven.mccoy at miru.hk> wrote:
> 2010/1/27 Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com>
>>
>> Just think of building all the bindings with all the language
>> pecularities, building OpenPGM, testing it on 10 different OS platforms
>> etc.
>>

> I just ripped CMake out of OpenPGM.  It's far too tedious to get autoconf
> working and there are significant differences between the versions installed
> on stable older platforms and current releases.  Apart from autoconf it does
> look nice though.
> --
> Steve-o

My understanding is that CMake is being widely adopted over autotools
for many various reasons in many complex projects (e.g. KDE, VTK,
3dSlicer, and Apache Qpid, and potentially Qt).

I find it to be a very intuitive, flexible, fast and complete build
system. I haven't built a project with autoconf/autotools in years..
imho naturally.

Pete