[zeromq-dev] SASL support?

Daniel Cegiełka daniel.cegielka at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:59:34 CET 2010

2010/1/23 Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com>

> Hi Peter,
>
> > I was wondering, does (or will) 0MQ support SASL or something similar?
>
> Authorisation support wasn't even discussed yet. Feel free to post your
> thoughts.

Hi,

Security is really important aspect in this kind solutions. At the moment we
can use ZMQ only inside company network. Ok, we have ultra low latency but
we can't give customers solutions based on ZMQ because there is no
encryption, user management (role based security model, ACL), authorization,
session management, etc.

With SASL is to many problems (firewalls don’t like SASL), so I recommend
IPSec/SSL.

>> An IPSec-based Host Architecture for Secure Internet Multicast

It's worth to keep an eye on this.

best regards,
daniel