[zeromq-dev] Debian package / small manpage issue

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Fri Jan 22 12:25:32 CET 2010

2010/1/22 Adrian von Bidder <avbidder at fortytwo.ch>

> Ok, thanks a lot for the explanation.  As I've said, since I've got enough
> on my plate I'll leave that for now despite having a package including a
> source tarball for a third party project is "a big no-no for upstream
> packages" as you so nicely said yesterday :-)
>
> I've filed Debian #566126 that it would be good to have an openpgm package
> and will think about this whole issue again when this is available.

I'm following Chromium integration with distributions as they have similar
issues bundling ffmpeg and many other packages.

The special case here is that OpenPGM 2 isn't released yet and is still a
moving target, ZMQ is tied to a specific version at any one time.  It's
slowly stabilizing as more ports cleanly build.

--
Steve-o