[zeromq-dev] Debian package / small manpage issue

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Fri Jan 22 10:49:23 CET 2010

Hi Steven,

On Friday 22 January 2010 09.24:59 Steven McCoy wrote:
> 2010/1/22 Adrian von Bidder <avbidder at fortytwo.ch>
>
> > OTOH: I had a very quick look at the openpgm tarball, and didn't like
> > it very much.  There are no installation instructions, and there seem

> All the instructions are online:

http://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgm2CReferenceProgrammersChecklist

Not obvious if I'm offline and only have the tarball to look at :-)

[...]
> It's tedious to integrate into other projects and even package, hence ZMQ
> builds OpenPGM itself using Autoconf.

Ok, thanks a lot for the explanation.  As I've said, since I've got enough
on my plate I'll leave that for now despite having a package including a
source tarball for a third party project is "a big no-no for upstream
packages" as you so nicely said yesterday :-)

I've filed Debian #566126 that it would be good to have an openpgm package
and will think about this whole issue again when this is available.

cheers
-- vbi

--
In short: just say NO TO DRUGS, and maybe you won't end
up like the Hurd people.