[zeromq-dev] autoreconf problem

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Mon Jan 4 13:38:31 CET 2010

Hi all,

I've installed new version of autotools (autoreconf 2.64) and
./autogen.sh as present in 0MQ/2.0 trunk ceased working:

sustrik at istvan:~/zeromq2$ ./autogen.sh
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I config --force
aclocal: couldn't open directory `config': No such file or directory
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
Could not run autoreconf, check autotools installation.

Creating 'config' directory beforehand helps, still, there are warnings
displayed:

sustrik at istvan:~/zeromq2$ mkdir config
sustrik at istvan:~/zeromq2$ ./autogen.sh
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I config --force
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --install --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.guess'
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.sub'
libtoolize: copying file `config/install-sh'
libtoolize: copying file `config/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.in and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros
in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --include=config --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --include=config --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.in:21: installing `config/compile'
configure.in:7: installing `config/missing'
bindings/java/Makefile.am: installing `config/depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'

Anyone any idea whether this is OK or whether any additional changes
should be made to Makefile.am/configure.in?