[zeromq-dev] Python bindings with poll.

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Fri Feb 26 13:22:41 CET 2010

Hi Pieter,

>> Thanks for the clarification.  I wasn't sure what the sublicensing clause meant.
>> This makes sense then.  So a LGPL'd project can accept MIT licensed
>> contributions and sublicense them as LGPL (because MIT is less restrictive).
>
> Yes.  Though any contributor who wishes their name to be cited in the
> copyright statement should tell us.

Each person who contributed to the codebase is listed in AUTHORS file.
Maybe the copyright should be mentioned there?

> Martin, I assume we're including the MIT text in the current license
> text, if not we need to add it...

Oops. /me bad. Where should I add it?

There's COPYING file containing GPL. COPYING.LESSER contains LGPL.
That's the way FSF suggests to do it. Static linking exception is added
at the end of COPYING.LESSER.

You cannot add additional files because autotools won't distribute them
with source code package.

Also, how to make it clear that 0MQ is not a MIT-licensed product and
that the MIT license text is included to comply with the license?