[zeromq-dev] Initial support for zmq_poll() under Java

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Thu Feb 25 16:56:08 CET 2010

> > Here you go. You would have to remove the following (in this order):
> >
> > * One big block of code protected with #if 0 / #endif.
> > * All lines with a ZMQ_JAVA_LOG() call.
> > * All includes of "util.h".
>
> Ok. Committed. Can you give it a try (I hope I haven't broken
anything.)

It works perfectly, thanks.

> I've fixed coding style to match the rest of the project. The most
> important thig is not to use tabs as it breaks identing for people
with
> tab size set differently.

Sure. I can put this particular blame on emacs under Windows; I have not
been able to download a version that works properly and allows me to set
it exactly as I want... Apologies for the extra work.

> > Ok, I'll do that after this patch is committed.
>
> Great!

I will work on this today.

> Btw, have you thought of having "Pollset" object that you can
add/remove
> sockets from, something like this:
>
> Pollset p = new Pollset ();
> int s1_index = p.add (s1);
> in s2_index = p.add (s2);
> p.poll ();
> bool canRead = p.pollin (s1_index);
> etc.
>
> It's not entirely polished but the nice thing is that you don't have
> build the pollset each time you are doing poll.

You mean implementing this object in Java, where the current separate
arrays become a hidden implementation detail? That seems like a good
idea. I will try it out and, if it works out, I will make that part of
the next patch.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm

penalties set forth by Chilean law.