[zeromq-dev] Initial support for zmq_poll() under Java

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Thu Feb 25 16:39:58 CET 2010

gonzalo diethelm wrote:

> Here you go. You would have to remove the following (in this order):
>
> * One big block of code protected with #if 0 / #endif.
> * All lines with a ZMQ_JAVA_LOG() call.
> * All includes of "util.h".

Ok. Committed. Can you give it a try (I hope I haven't broken anything.)

I've fixed coding style to match the rest of the project. The most
important thig is not to use tabs as it breaks identing for people with
tab size set differently.

> Ok, I'll do that after this patch is committed.

Great!

Btw, have you thought of having "Pollset" object that you can add/remove
sockets from, something like this:

Pollset p = new Pollset ();
int s1_index = p.add (s1);
in s2_index = p.add (s2);
p.poll ();
bool canRead = p.pollin (s1_index);
etc.

It's not entirely polished but the nice thing is that you don't have to
build the pollset each time you are doing poll.

Thoughts?