[zeromq-dev] Initial support for zmq_poll() under Java

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Thu Feb 25 13:21:52 CET 2010

> > Question: would you accept a patch to create these two files and add
> > lots of LOG() calls to Context.cpp / Socket.cpp, which by default
will
> > do nothing but which could be helpful in debugging this binding?
>
> In general we are trying to avoid any code that's not strictly
> necessary. The rationale is there's an associated cost with
maintaining
> each line of code. Having many language bindings this cost becomes
> non-trivial and prevents resources going to the development of 0MQ
core.

> However, lately we are trying to offload the binding development from
> 0MQ project itself. As you can see, some bindings are already
developed
> as separate projects.
>
> Thus, if you are willing to take care of Java binding this way, let me
> know.

What would that entail? Some questions spring to mind:

1. Where could I host the project? How would I provide for mailing
lists, web access to the code (on-line and download), etc.?

2. What would be the appropriate license for such a project?

3. Would any current 0MQ developer / user lend a hand, at least at the
beginning?

--
Gonzalo Diethelm

penalties set forth by Chilean law.