[zeromq-dev] Python bindings with poll.

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 23:07:00 CET 2010

Carlos,

> Agreed! My first contributions are on github: http://github.com/rocha/pyzmq

Fantastic!!!  For those who don't go look at the patch, Carlos has
added a -p (poll)
option to the Python versions of the perf demos to have them use
polling zmq sockets.

Carlos - how does the performance differ (I won't have time to test
this today...)

I will pull these in to trunk.

> Any patch that I release through github or the mailing list is done
> under the MIT license.

In the past I have used BSD for my open source projects - I am using
LGPL to match the license
of zeromq itself.  I realize that the MIT license is even more
allowing than the LGPL, so I am not worried
about including your contribution.  But  it is a little awkward to
have a *patch* released under a separate license.  I am not sure how
we handle that in terms of licensing.  Also, don't contributions to an
LGPL project have to be LGPL?  Obviously you can *use* pyzmq in a
non-LGPL project, but if you contribute to pyzmq itself, doesn't if
have to be LGPL?  How does zeromq handle this?

But, in either case, nice patch!

Cheers,

Brian

--