[zeromq-dev] Cygwin support patch

Bernd Prager bernd at prager.ws
Wed Feb 24 22:57:32 CET 2010

On 2/24/2010 12:24 PM, Martin Lucina wrote:

> So the w32api one gets used by default when you say "-luuid" on Cygwin? Or
> you have to specify -L for that also?

You have to specify this as well.
> If the w32api one is used, and it contains UuidCreate() which we already
> use on Win32 (MinGW) then the simplest solution would be to just use the
> w32api version, and the block of code on lines 24-52 of uuid.cpp suitably
> modified if Cygwin doesn't provide the Win32 types.

The w32api does not contain the required functions. (Honestly I have no
idea what that lib does, It contains functions like IID_ICreateErrorInfo
or IID_ICreateTypeInfo.)

> Is e2fsprogs installed by default when someone downloads Cygwin?

No, it not installed by default. It's a separate package.
> If we must modify LDFLAGS then so be it but we need to preserve the
> existing value of LDFLAGS which configure has computed up to that point,
> hence:
>
> LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L/usr/lib/e2fsprogs"

Good idea.
> You'll want to test with something like --with-c --with-cpp --with-perf and
> with and without --disable-shared parameters to configure to make sure all
> the combinations work.
I did the --withxxx, not the --disable-shared part.
> AC_SEARCH_LIBS outputs a message by itself so you don't really need the
> AC_MSG_CHECKING...

I didn't know that.
> Anyhow, I guess I should go find a Windows box, install Cygwin on it and
> try this out ...
>
> -mato

Thank you,
-- Bernd