[zeromq-dev] Cygwin support patch

Pavol Malosek malosek at fastmq.com
Wed Feb 24 19:21:32 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Lucina" <mato at kotelna.sk>
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Cygwin support patch

> malosek at fastmq.com said:
>> Why not to run?
>>
>> ./configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/e2fsprogs
>>

> Because far too many people ignore instructions and just want to run
> "./configure && make"?
>
> That's not meaning to say I don't like your suggestion, but it'd be nice
> for just plain "./configure" to work.

Hello

taken from configure --help

  LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
                        nonstandard directory <lib dir>

Seems like to be your use case.

>> btw
>> I would recommend to use AC_CHECK_LIB as the rest of  build system.
>
> The autoconf docs[1] actually tell people to use AC_SEARCH_LIBS instead. I
> don't think it matters.

with AC_SEARCH_LIBS  you can search for desired function in multiple
libraries (different names), which is not your case.
Of course at the end it turns to have the same effect, but as I wrote we
should keep the build system consistent and easy to read.

malo