[zeromq-dev] Problems with errno on Win32

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:15:16 CET 2010

Martin,

I have tried some other things and am slowly uncovering more of the
Windows errno problems:

Python 2.5 links against msvcr71.dll, but libzmq.dll links against
msvc90d.dll.  These are the runtime libraries
for VS 2003 and 2008 respectively.  Some other folks I work with think
that the problem may be related to
having two different versions of the runtime loaded rather than treading.

Mingw uses the regular MS runtime libraries, but I think the version
in this case is off (71 versus 90).

BUT, the bug puzzle is that when I look at libzmq.dll in depends.exe,
it says that msvcr90d.dll can't be found.
Are you seeing that error?  I have this on my system.  Do I need to do
something to tell libzmq.dll about its
location?

Cheers,

Brian