[zeromq-dev] Problems with errno on Win32

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Sat Feb 20 16:10:57 CET 2010

Hi Brian,

See my comments inlined:

> Sure, here are the steps:
>
> 1. Download the latest Python bindings:
>
> http://github.com/ellisonbg/pyzmq

I've istalled python 2.6.4.

> 2. After building 0MQ, copy libzmq.dll and zmq.h into pyzmq\zmq
>
> 3. Build pyzmq:
>
> cd pyzmq
> python setup.py build_ext --inplace --library-dirs=.

At this point it turned out that I have to copy libzmq.lib to the
current directory and rename it to zmq.lib...

> 4. Copy this test script into the pyzmq directory and run

Before even testing the script I've used depends.exe to check which C
runtime libraries are used with individual components of the test.

It looked perfectly right: all pyhon.exe _zmq.so and libzmq.dll used the
same library - msvcr90.dll

> http://gist.github.com/308258
> python test_win32.py

The test ended without an error. (I suppose it should have asserted.)
I've run it multple times, still, no asserts.

Can you check your binaries? Do they all use the same CRT library?

Thanks.