[zeromq-dev] Publish / Subscribe vs Multicast

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Thu Feb 18 23:29:42 CET 2010

> > Anyway, I have a working butterfly tutorial (which is rather small);
> > component1 and component2 where subsumed into a single component
(since
> > they only differ in their endpoints), and I use zmq_streamer as the
> > intermediate component. I also have a bash script to launch the
programs
> > in several combinations, to test how the message throughput varies
as
> > predicted by theory (it does). If anybody is interested in me doing
> > something with it, please let me know.
> >
> > One final note: working on this tutorial made me realize how easy
and
> > powerful ZMQ is. I can now think about butterfly in the Java world,
and
> > maybe come closer to my specific needs.
>
> :)
>
> Anyway, as for the example it's valuable to have as many of them as
> possible. If you are going to write java version of the example, it
> would be even more helpful as there is no Java example available so
far.
> However, even if you stick to C example, it's worth of publishing.

I have just finished the Java version of the butterfly tutorial. It
works fine; I even use zmq_streamer (C program) right in the middle of
the message flow, everything works as expected.

> The best way to handle this would be to create a repo on github (or
any
> similar service of your choice) and then link it from 0MQ website.
>
> Thoughts?

I would rather put the files in the 0mq repo. But if your policy is not
to include samples or tutorials in the library source code, we would
have to find an alternative.

Gotta run now; wife will kill me. Best regards.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm

penalties set forth by Chilean law.