[zeromq-dev] 0mq 1.0 vs 2.0

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Thu Feb 18 20:46:58 CET 2010

Hello again. I would like to request some information on the current
status of these two versions. From what I have been reading, it seems
1.0 must have been, at some point, "production-ready" but an effort was
initiated to create 2.0 in order to overcome several design issues with
1.0. Some questions in this regard:

1. Is 1.0 deprecated right now?
2. Should new development be undertaken on 2.0, or is 1.0 viable
yet?
3. Is all the functionality in 1.0 already available in some form
in 2.0? What is missing? Will all of it be included in the final 2.0
release?
4. It seems current 2.0 is at the level of beta 2. When is it
expected to be officially released?

Thanks.

Gonzalo Diethelm

penalties set forth by Chilean law.