[zeromq-dev] Issues showing up in test suite

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:58:29 CET 2010

Hi,

I am writing a test suite for the Python bindings.  Something I am
seeing when using REQ/REP
sockets is this:

Assertion failed: false (rep.cpp:91)
Abort trap

I have also seen this interactive Python sessions using REQ/REP
sockets.  The code (rep.cpp)
says this:

    //  TODO: If the connection we've got the request from disconnects,
    //  there's nowhere to send the reply. DLQ?
    if (waiting_for_reply && pipe_ == reply_pipe) {
        zmq_assert (false);
    }

Questions:

* What exactly is this from and how can I prevent it from happening -
the entire process dies, so it is
rather unpleasant.
* What is the model/recommended way of handling these types of errors
in a more graceful manner?

Cheers,

Brian

--